Adam Mayerson, MD, FACE
Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
- Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
- Associate Chief of Medicine
Education & Training
- Fellowship, EndocrinologyYale University School of Medicine (2001)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (1999)
- MDAlbert Einstein College of Medicine (1996)
- BABrandeis University, Biology (1992)
Honors & Recognitions
- Connecticut Magazine Top Docs 2016: Connecticut Magazine (2016)
- Connecticut Magazine Top Docs 2015: Connecticut Magazine (2015)
- AB of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (2001)
- Page KA, Roehmholdt BF, Jablonski M, Mayerson AB. Development of thyroid storm after surgical resection of a thyrotropin-secreting pituitary adenoma. Endocrine Practice : Official Journal Of The American College Of Endocrinology And The American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists 2008, 14:732-7.
- Mayerson AB. Levemir Early Clinical Experience Case Series. Endocrinology And Metabolism Clinics Of North America 2007, 36 Suppl 1:45-52.
- Tumor-to-tumor metastasis to a thyroid follicular adenoma as the initial presentation of a colonic adenocarcinoma.Fadare O, Parkash V, Fiedler PN, Mayerson AB, Asiyanbola B. Tumor-to-tumor metastasis to a thyroid follicular adenoma as the initial presentation of a colonic adenocarcinoma. Pathology International 2005, 55:574-9.
- Hundal RS, Petersen KF, Mayerson AB, Randhawa PS, Inzucchi S, Shoelson SE, Shulman GI. Mechanism by which high-dose aspirin improves glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetes. The Journal Of Clinical Investigation 2002, 109:1321-6.
- Mayerson AB, Inzucchi SE. Type 2 diabetes therapy. A pathophysiologically based approach. Postgraduate Medicine 2002, 111:83-4, 87-92, 95.
- The effects of rosiglitazone on insulin sensitivity, lipolysis, and hepatic and skeletal muscle triglyceride content in patients with type 2 diabetes.Mayerson AB, Hundal RS, Dufour S, Lebon V, Befroy D, Cline GW, Enocksson S, Inzucchi SE, Shulman GI, Petersen KF. The effects of rosiglitazone on insulin sensitivity, lipolysis, and hepatic and skeletal muscle triglyceride content in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes 2002, 51:797-802.