Mashed Potato Chicken Patties
- ¼ C all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 C cooled mashed potatoes
- 1 C (about 4 ounces) cooked chicken breast, ground or very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- On a plate, combine the flour and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg. Add the mashed potatoes and chicken. Form the mixture into 2-inch balls. Lightly dredge the balls in the flour. You may need to wet your hands after every 3 to 4 balls.
- In a large, preferably nonstick, skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Add the balls and flatten to patties with a spatula (they should be about 2 ½ inches wide). Cook for 5 to 8 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
8 Servings (about 8 patties)
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 90, Fat (g) 3.5, Carbohydrates (g) 8, Dietary fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 1, Protein (g) 6, Sodium (mg) 85