Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
We specialize in evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and treating a wide range of endocrine disorders that are either directly or indirectly related to reproduction. The clinical expertise of our physicians enables us to provide high-quality, compassionate, and individualized care.
Our state-of-the-art Fertility Center offers comprehensive care and treatment options and our success rates for frozen embryo transfer are among the highest in the Northeast. We are among few centers in the country with a reproductive specialist with dual training in both male and female infertility. Our patients include same gender couples and transgender men and women. We are dedicated to helping all of our patients understand their treatment options and achieve pregnancy.
We offer a variety of services for our patients across the following specialty programs:
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Program. This program works with infertile couples, offering support, information, and counseling, as well as the latest technological procedures and advanced treatments in IVF. As the first IVF Program in the Northeast, Yale IVF has become a recognized leader in the field of assisted reproductive technology (ART).
- Third-Party Reproductive Program. This program offers counseling, support, and treatment options for couples pursuing third-party assistance in pregnancy, such as donor sperm, donor eggs, and surrogacy.
- Fertility Center Psychological Program. This program provides counseling services and support for couples dealing with fertility issues. Our specialists are trained to help couples navigate medical disorders and treatment options, multiple pregnancies, pregnancy loss, third-party assistance, and adoption.
- Endometriosis Program. Endometriosis is a common condition that can cause pelvic pain or infertility. Surgical options can remove endometriosis while medical therapies can often stop its progression. We offer effective testing for this condition as well as a large number of options for its treatment, management, and counseling.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Program. PCOS is one of the most common hormonal reproductive conditions in women of childbearing age. Our specialists treat PCOS through a combination of metabolic need assessment, lifestyle modification, psychological support, and medical interventions based on a patient’s individual needs.
- Perimenopausal and Menopausal Therapy Program. This program addresses both early and premature menopause and the challenges it presents to women. The program offers treatment options for women experiencing menopausal symptoms and other health risks, such as osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, and mood changes. We also offer donor egg IVF to address fertility needs of early menopausal women.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Program. Our multidisciplinary team of pathologists, geneticists, and perinatologists uses a holistic approach to help couples with recurrent miscarriages and/or pregnancy losses.
- Male Fertility Program. Male infertility conditions account for approximately 40% of all infertility. We offer several sperm retrieval procedures.
In addition to our clinical services, we also offer counseling and insurance guidance for our patients. We understand that infertility issues can be difficult for couples both emotionally and financially.
A counselor can provide important information about treatment options and help to facilitate discussion of whether or not to pursue a particular treatment; whether and how to pursue third-party assistance (such as donor sperm, donor oocyte, and surrogacy); and whether or not to pursue adoption. The counselor can also help with questions about multiple pregnancies, pregnancy loss,and when and whether to stop treatment.