Yale Medicine Pediatric Orthopaedics is part of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to managing the orthopaedic needs of children and teens and is one of only two such programs in Connecticut.
From diagnosis and treatment, to surgery and follow-up care, our team works with other pediatric specialty clinics to care for young patients with a wide spectrum of orthopaedic conditions, including:
- Bone deformity
- Cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular conditions
- Disorders of the hip including hip dysplasia
- Fractures, dislocations and other musculoskeletal injuries
- Hand and arm disorders
- Foot and ankle disorders, including clubfoot
- Leg length discrepancy
- Overuse and traumatic injuries in the growing athlete
- Skeletal dysplasia
If your child is affected by Muscular Dystrophy (MD), our Muscular Dystrophy Program is one of five pediatric MDA clinics in New England. This program offers children and families coordinated, multidisciplinary care for diagnosis and treatment of muscular dystrophy and other pediatric neuromuscular disorders.