Our practice focuses on adult primary care and is known for its excellence and emphasis on prevention and wellness, while managing potential medical problems as they arise. When specialized care is needed, our physicians work closely and collaboratively with Yale Medicine’s many specialists.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality, personalized healthcare. The PCMH (patient-centered medical home) is a new model of care that helps us do just that.
The PCMH focuses on five areas:
- Building strong, collaborative health care teams that work together to meet the needs of patients.
- Providing patient-centered care addressing the whole person, respecting patients’ values and preferences.
- Coordinating comprehensive health care through clear communication among patients, families, caregivers, medical and behavioral health providers, hospitals, and other facilities.
- Improving patients’ access to care, through such initiatives as expanded office hours and providing email access to electronic medical records.
- Improving health care quality and standards by providing evidence-based care, patient and family education, and self-management support.