Male Urology Program
Many urologic problems can affect men’s sexual and/or reproductive health. Urologic conditions may be common, but they should not negatively impact patients’ quality of life, confidence, or relationships. Our urologists are here to discuss patients’ concerns, find solutions that work with their lifestyle, and meet their current and future goals.
Nationally recognized as leaders in men’s health, our Urology Department is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the Northeast. The Male Urology Program treats men in need of care for noncancerous urologic symptoms—from enlarged prostates (BPH or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) to vasectomies (and reversals). We also offer sperm retrieval and treatment for low testosterone and erectile dysfunction—with the most current technologies and techniques:
- We offer minimally invasive, innovative BPH treatments, such as GreenLight PVP Laser Therapy, in an outpatient setting.
- We perform minimally invasive sperm retrievals in the office under local anesthesia, which saves the patient time as well as the cost and the inherent risks of an operating room visit.
- We perform microsurgical vasectomies, offering patients the option of freezing sperm at the same time.
- We are a major referral center for patients who need penile implants.
- For Peyronie's disease (curvature of the penis), we tailor the treatment—which ranges from local treatment to the penis to medication to advanced surgical procedures—based on the degree of curvature, the patient’s needs, and any associated problems with erections.