Prior to your scheduled visit, it is helpful for us to receive recent office visit notes, MRIs (including actual images), EEGs and other available testing and/or imaging. Please be sure to include your name, address and contact information with your records. You may fax your records to 203-737-2799 or mail them to to Yale Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, PO Box 208018, New Haven, CT, 06520-8018.
What to Expect
- You will be with us anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours.
- Our epilepsy group works together as a team and includes physicians, fellows, residents, clinical nurse coordinators, physician assistants, and medical assistants.
- You will be asked for a detailed history of your seizures, complete list of medications and doses, and allergy information.
- We will complete a neurological examination.
- After a thorough evaluation, we will develop a plan of care. We will inform you if additional testing is needed, make recommendations regarding adjustments to current treatment regimens, or refer you to other physicians or consultants.