Cardiomyopathy & Inherited Cardiovascular Disease Program
Our program is a unique collaboration between Yale and University College London Heart Hospital that offers patients the highest level of care and international expertise. We provide evaluation of patients and families with inherited cardiomyopathies, arrhythmias, vascular diseases, and coronary and metabolic syndromes.
The complexity of inherited cardiovascular disease often outweighs the resources of traditional medical specialty practices. Using detailed clinical evaluation to inform genetics and vice versa, we offer a patient-centered approach that employs a care and treatment plan that matches the intricacies of each patient’s disease and his or her needs.
We see a wide array of patients from across Connecticut and beyond. Our expertise includes treating such conditions as:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Familial dilated cardiomyopathy
- Sudden death syndromes
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
Our services include state-of-the art cardiac imaging, metabolic stress testing, genetic testing and counseling, and a full spectrum of treatment options, including:
- Septal myectomy and ablation
- Analysis of genetic mutations
- Complex electrophysiologic ablations
- Assessment of risk factors for sudden cardiac death
- Pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) implantation