Sociodemographic and clinical characteristics of anxiety and related disorders
- Study HIC#:1306012298
- Last Updated:04/21/2023
By participating in this study, youth and parents may benefit by gaining an increased understanding of the youth’s anxiety concerns. It will also allow us to determine if your child would benefit from participating in one of our current treatment studies.
If you are eligible, you will be asked to complete the following tasks:
- Separate diagnostic interviews with the youth and parent.
- Questionnaires about the youth’s anxiety and other symptoms.
- Three brief videotaped interactions between parent and child.
- Both parent and child will play a video game.
- Both parent and child will be asked to provide a blood sample and two saliva samples. We use these biological specimens to study the role of various hormones in childhood anxiety.
- Age6 years - 17 years
For more information about this study, including how to volunteer, contact:
Carla E Marin
- Phone Number: 1-203-737-8056
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact email@example.com, or call +18779788343 for more information.
Trial Purpose and Description
The purpose of the study is to investigate the sociodemographics and clinical characteristics including neural and behavioral correlates of boys and girls referred to an anxiety disorders specialty clinic using a multi-method, multi-source assessment approach.
1. Youth ages 6 to 17 years and their parent (or legal guardian)
2. Have a primary difficulty related to anxiety
3. Not have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delays, or Psychosis.