The PAX LC Trial: A Decentralized Study of Paxlovid in Adult Participants with Long COVID
- Study HIC#:2000034086
- Last Updated:06/16/2023
If you believe you have Long COVID, you may be eligible to participate in a free and confidential study researching an investigational drug, Paxlovid, in patients with Long COVID. The study is for people who were in good or excellent health before getting COVID-19 and are now impaired. People will be randomized to 15 days of Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) or placebo (placebo/ritonavir). The study will also be assessing each person’s immune system before and after receiving the study drug. Drs. Harlan Krumholz and Akiko Iwasaki are leading the study.
You can participate in this study completely remotely, and you would not need to travel to the Yale site.
Compensation up to $500.
- Age18 years and older
For more information about this study, including how to volunteer, contact:
PAX LC Trial
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact email@example.com, or call +18779788343 for more information.
- Have been previously infected by SARS-CoV-2
- Have symptoms consistent with Long COVID that began within 4 weeks of the infection and continued for more than 12 weeks
- Were healthy before you developed Long COVID
- Are not participating in another interventional research study
- Can access an internet-capable computer or mobile device to access a digital health system
- Do not have renal or liver dysfunction, HIV, acute SARS-CoV-2, any other medical condition requiring hospitalization and/or surgery within 7 days of study entry
- Have regular medical care and had a health visit within the last 6 months
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have connected your health information to Hugo Health and filled out the screening survey
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Reside in Connecticut, Florida, or New York
- Are willing and able to provide informed consent
- Are comfortable reading and writing in English