Optimization of Prostate Biopsy - Micro-Ultrasound Versus MRI: A 3-arm Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating the Role of 29MHz Micro-ultrasound in Guiding Prostate Biopsy in Men With Clinical Suspicion of Prostate Cancer.
- Study HIC#:2000033223
- Last Updated:06/15/2023
OPTIMUM is a study designed to compare the ability of ultra-high resolution transrectal micro-ultrasound (microUS) and multiparametric MRI (mpMRI)/US fusion to guide prostate biopsy.
For more information about this study, including how to volunteer, contact:
- Phone Number: 1-203-737-4777
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +18779788343 for more information.
Trial Purpose and Description
The purpose of the Clinical Investigation Plan and Study Protocol is to present information for the OPTIMUM clinical investigation, including the scientific basis for the study, the procedural details, the ExactVu High Resolution Micro-Ultrasound System, its safety details, and administrative details. It has been designed in such a way as to optimize the scientific validity and reproducibility of the results of the study in accordance with current clinical knowledge and practice so as to fulfill the objectives of the investigation.
- Men indicated for prostate biopsy due to elevated PSA and/or abnormal DRE
- No history of prior prostate biopsy
- No history of genitourinary cancer, including prostate cancer
- 18 years or older
- No contraindications to biopsy
- No contraindications to mpMRI
- History of prior prostate biopsy
- History of genitourinary cancer, including prostate cancer
- Contraindications to biopsy
- Contraindications to mpMRI