Affordable Housing and Diabetes
- Study HIC#:2000027188
- Last Updated:07/15/2021
If you are 18 years of age or older, have Type 2 Diabetes, are on a waiting list for rental assistance, and live in the state of Connecticut, you may be eligible to participate in a research study. The purpose of this study is to understand more about the impact of affordable housing on diabetes management. Participants will be required to complete surveys on-line every six months for two years. Participants will also be asked to provide some health information such as A1C, blood pressure, and BMI. Compensation is up to $375 for completing all rounds of surveys.
- Age18 years and older
- Start Date11/20/2020
- End Date03/31/2025
Eligibility for this study is restricted to individuals who:
- have a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes
- are age 18 or over
- reside in the greater New Haven area
- are on a waiting list for housing assistance or eligible to enter a waiting list
- are proficient in English
- Individuals under the age of 18 will be excluded
- Given our focus on management and control of current diabetes, individuals with pre-diabetes will be excluded
- Individuals who are waitlisted for rental assistance, but currently receiving some form of rental assistance will be excluded given our interest in the transition to rent-assisted housing.