William Hellenbrand, MD
William E. Hellenbrand, MD, is recognized internationally as a leader in the field of pediatric and adult cardiac catheterization.
Dr. Hellenbrand says he always looks to treat patients in a manner that avoids open heart surgery. “We are always testing new forms of treatment and we are continuously seeing new innovations we can bring to our patients,” he says.
A professor of pediatrics at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Hellenbrand was a principal investigator in a study of a new heart valve that can be implanted without surgery and is now approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. He has been recognized as a “top doctor” in statewide rankings.
- Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics (Cardiology)
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (1976)
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (1973)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (1972)
- MDSUNY Downstate Medical Center (1970)