Teofilo Matos Santana, MD
Teofilo Matos Santana, MD, is a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction medicine and says he enjoys offering hope and possible solutions to patients in crisis.
“I have a strong interest in engaging patients in addiction treatment when they are perceived to be not ready,” Dr. Matos Santana says. “I'm also interested in addiction treatment for vulnerable patients, like the ones with chronic medical illness.”
He says he chose his specialty because he believes in people’s ability to change. “You have the strength to get better. Let us help you find it,” he tells patients who need reassurance.
Dr. Matos Santana says he also enjoys the interdisciplinary nature of his specialty and has a particular interest in chronic infectious diseases, including HIV.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Physician lead, Psychiatric Emergency Services, Department of Psychiatry
Education & Training
- FellowYale Addiction Psychiatry Residency Program (2016)
- ResidentYale Psychiatry Residency Program (2015)
- MDUniversidad Iberoamericana (2008)