Pinar Kodaman, MD, PhD
Pinar Kodaman, MD, PhD, is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist with a focus on fibroids, endometriosis and other gynecologic issues that can cause infertility.
Dr. Kodaman treats many of these conditions with minimally invasive surgery. “My goal is to optimize a woman’s reproductive potential, if that is important to her,” she says.
To reassure patients, Dr. Kodaman prepares individualized treatment plans. “I tell them that once we figure out the problem, they decide how to proceed using me as their reproductive advisor,” she says. “Some patients want to be aggressive, while others start with lesser therapies. It’s important to listen to them and understand which direction they want to go, and at what tempo.”
Dr. Kodaman says she was inspired to become an obstetrician-gynecologist because of her late father, who was an Ob/Gyn. “I always admired his work and dedication to his patients. I was young when he passed away, but I knew I would follow in his footsteps,” she says, adding that she enjoys treating patients over extended periods of time. “After I treat patients surgically and help them through the healing process and with their plans to conceive, they send pictures of their newborn babies. I find that incredibly rewarding.”
Dr. Kodaman is an assistant professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences at Yale School of Medicine.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
- Director, Advanced Endoscopic Reproductive Surgery Program
- Director, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Elective
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2008)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital (2005)
- PhDYale University, Pharmacology (2001)
- PhDYale University (2001)
- MDYale University School of Medicine (2001)
- BSYale University (1994)