Melissa Knauert, MD, PhD
Melissa P. Knauert, MD, PhD, treats critically ill patients in the medical intensive care unit at Yale New Haven Hospital and is an associate director of the Yale School of Medicine Sleep Medicine Fellowship.
She is fascinated by critical illness and “how systemic intervention with each affected organ improves the overall health of a patient.”
An assistant professor of medicine (pulmonary) at Yale School of Medicine, she also conducts research on sleep deprivation and circadian disruption in critically ill patients. “I would like to design interventions to improve patient outcomes in the intensive care unit via improvements in sleep and circadian alignment,” says Dr. Knauert.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
- Associate Program Director, Sleep Medicine Fellowship, Internal Medicine
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2013)
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2012)
- ResidencyHospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2009)
- InternshipHospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2007)
- MDYale School of Medicine (2006)
- PhDYale University (2005)
- ScBBrown University, Biochemistry (1996)