Kunal Desai, MD
Kunal Desai, MD, first became interested in neurophysiology when he was a high school athlete. His favorite sports during those years were football, baseball, and cricket. Later, he studied to become a board-certified neurologist, focusing on neuromuscular diseases such as ALS, myasthenia gravis, inflammatory myopathies and peripheral neuropathies.
When treating patients, Dr. Desai emphasizes the importance of teamwork. He reaches out regularly to patients’ primary care doctors and other treating physicians to update them on treatment progress. “Doing this improves patient care,” he says. “Regular communication about patients gives their doctors a clearer picture of what I may be thinking and it helps me understand what they might be concerned about. Fewer things are lost when we communicate often.”
A goal for Dr. Desai is to equip patients with as much information about their disease and prognosis as possible so they can make educated decisions about their treatment.
Dr. Desai is fluent in Hindi, Gujarati, and Marathi. He is also certified by the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology
Education & Training
- Neuromuscular FellowAlbert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center (2017)
- Neurology Chief ResidentAlbert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center (2016)
- Neurology ResidentAlbert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center (2016)
- InternGreenwich Hospital (2013)
- MDCreighton University School of Medicine (2012)
- BSBoston College, Biology (2007)