Krishan R. Jethwa, MD
Dr. Krishan R. Jethwa is a radiation oncologist who currently serves as Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology at the Yale School of Medicine. He grew up in Minot, North Dakota and joined the faculty at Yale after completing his residency training in radiation oncology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
Dr. Jethwa primarily specializes in radiation therapy for gastrointestinal and head and neck cancers, with additional clinical focuses in skin, lung, and genitourinary cancers. He is particularly passionate about incorporating advanced radiotherapy techniques, such as proton therapy, into clinical practice. Additionally, his research focuses on integrating anatomic, genomic, molecular, diagnostic imaging, and response-based risk stratification to guide the treatment of patients. The ultimate goal being individually tailored cancer care to maximize cancer control rates, reduce side effects of treatment, and improve the quality of life for patients.
- Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
Education & Training
- ResidencyMayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN (2019)
- InternshipUniversity of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences (2015)
- MDUniversity of North Dakota (2014)
- BAGustavus Adolphus College, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology