Jonathan Puchalski, MD, MEd
Jonathan Puchalski, MD, is director of Yale Medicine’s Interventional Pulmonology Program, which offers advanced and innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to diseases of the chest. Dr. Puchalski specializes in conducting bronchoscopies and in treating pleural disease for adults and children.
Having completed pediatric and adult training in pulmonary medicine, Dr. Puchalski has a unique insight to patient care. He applies advanced techniques commonly performed on adults to the care of children, and draws from his knowledge of development and aging. “The ability to have long-term interactions with patients allows me to provide better care,” he says.
Dr. Puchalski stays current on the latest diagnostic, minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy tools to evaluate pulmonary conditions. He cares for patients who have nodules in their lungs, enlarged lymph nodes and complex conditions in their airways, in addition to those with pleural effusions. As an passionate lifelong learner, Dr. Puchalski shares his enthusiasm with patients and physicians through formal and informal teaching. He is an associate professor of internal medicine at Yale School of Medicine.
- Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine)
- Director, Interventional Pulmonology
- Director, Interventional Pulmonology, Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Education & Training
- MEdUniversity of Cincinnati (2009)
- FellowHospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2008)
- FellowUniversity of Cincinnati College of Medicine (2007)
- ResidentOhio State University/Columbus Children's Hospital (2002)
- MDWright State University (1998)
- BSDenison University (1994)