Glen A Henry, MD, FACC, FSCAI
Glen Henry, MD, is an interventional cardiologist at Yale Medicine with a special skill in complex coronary interventions, including chronic total coronary occlusions (CTO). “I enjoy the challenge of figuring out the best way to treat a case where you have to consider multiple factors,” says Dr. Henry.
He understands that many of these conditions can be daunting for patients and strives to provide some comfort by educating patients on their condition and treatment options. “I think part of the fear of cardiology is not knowing what to expect, what’s happening, and where things could go. Being educated about what it is that’s going on, treatment options, and the goals for each those things can be very helpful,” he says.
For Dr. Henry the greatest reward for treating these patients is being able to help improve quality of life. Many patients are able to increase their activities, doing things they weren’t able to do before. “Performing procedures that allow patients to live a more fulfilling life is key to my work here,” he says.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Director Complex Coronary Interventions, Interventional Cardiology Program
- Medical Director
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale-New Haven Hospital (1998)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (1994)
- InternshipYale-New Haven Hospital (1992)
- MDMedical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia (1991)
- BSCollege of William and Mary, Psychology (1986)