Diane Kowalski, MD, MMSc
Diane Kowalski, MD, is board certified in both anatomic pathology and cytopathology.
Anatomic pathology focuses on the disease diagnosis based on the examination of organs as a whole and microscopically. In cytopathology, single or small groups of cells are examined.
Dr. Kowalski is interested in all aspects of cytopathology and surgical pathology, particularly head and neck cytopathology. “I thoroughly enjoy understanding the biology of disease and what causes it, as well as the ability to make a significant impact on patients' lives by providing excellence of care in diagnoses,” she says. “I am also actively involved with graduate medical education as a residency program director in pathology and laboratory medicine, as well as a fellowship director in cytopathology.”
Dr. Kowalski’s expertise also includes thyroid cytology, gynecologic cytology, and fine-needle aspiration biopsy. She is an associate professor of pathology at Yale School of Medicine.
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- Director, Anatomic Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Residency Program, Pathology
- Director, Cytopathology Fellowship Program
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2001)
- ResidentHartford Hospital (2000)
- InternUniversity of Connecticut (1995)
- MDMedical College of Georgia (1994)
- MMScEmory University, Nutritional Biochemistry (1989)