Charles Dela Cruz, MD, PhD
Charles Sun Dela Cruz, MD, PhD, specializes in critical care and pulmonary infections, especially chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis. He tells new patients, “I will be there working with you through the management of your diagnosis and treatment choices.”
Dr. Dela Cruz says he chose pulmonary medicine because of his interest in lung disease and his desire to discover better treatments. At Yale Medicine, he enjoys the opportunity to provide cutting-edge and personalized treatments for his patients.
He is an assistant professor of medicine (pulmonary) and of microbial pathogenesis at Yale School of Medicine. His research focuses on interactions between microbes in the lungs, and their role in acute and chronic lung diseases.
- Associate Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine) and of Microbial Pathogenesis
- Director, Center for Pulmonary Infection Research and Treatment (CPIRT)
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2009)
- ResidentYale University School of Medicine (2005)
- MDYale University School of Medicine (2003)
- PhDUniversity of Toronto (2000)
- BSUniversity of Toronto (1994)