Yale Medicine specialists are caring for COVID-19 patients and are conducting clinical research to learn more about the disease and how to treat it. Whether you are a patient, a family member or just gathering information, this page is a resource to provide information you need about COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, and your options for medical care.
MyChart and Telehealth
We encourage all Yale Medicine and Yale New Haven Health System patients to sign up for MyChart, a secure online portal that gives you access to portions of your electronic medical record. Not only does it allow you to manage and receive information about your health, it also enables telehealth visits (by phone or video), which is how Yale Medicine specialists are delivering most care not related to COVID-19.
Questions about COVID-19?
Our Yale Medicine/Yale New Haven Health COVID-19 Call Center offers information on how to keep yourself and your family healthy. Health professionals are available to answer your questions, seven days a week, 7 am – 7 pm. Call 203-688-1700.
COVID-19 testing and hospital care
If you have concerns about symptoms and exposure, you should first contact your primary care doctor. Your primary care doctor can facilitate a specimen collection at a Yale New Haven Health System site, if needed.
Yale Medicine resources on COVID-19
- What is a Coronavirus?
- What is COVID-19?
- 5 Things to Know About the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Our New COVID Vocabulary—What Does It All Mean?
- A COVID ‘Infodemic’? How to Make Sense of What You’re Reading
- New COVID-19 Guidelines Disrupt Infertility Care
- Wait—Now I Should Wear a Mask?
- Why COVID-19 Makes Some People Sicker Than Others
- Is It Safe to Take Your Child to the Pediatric Emergency Room?
- Hospitals Report Fewer Heart Attacks and Strokes Amid COVID-19
- PMIS: Rare Inflammatory Syndrome Affecting Kids May Be Related to COVID-19
- The Country Is Reopening—Now What?
Doctors & Advice
- Pregnancy and Worried Amid COVID-19? FAQs
- The Importance of Social Distancing
- What to Do When You Get Sick With COVID-19
- How to wash your hands—properly
- Want to See a Doctor Amid COVID-19? Use Telehealth
- Worried About Staying in Recovery During COVID-19?
- COVID-19—An Illustrated Scientific Summary
- Advance Planning: How to Prepare for End-of-Life Care
- 5 Ways to Prevent COVID-19 Infection—An Illustrated Guide
- What Does Recovery From COVID-19 Look Like?
- Should You Really Have a Pulse Oximeter at Home?
- Feeling Anxious About COVID-19?
- Managing Life at Home During COVID-19
- 8 Tips for Working From Home With Kids During COVID-19
- Vaping and COVID-19: Is Now a “Reachable Moment” to Help Your Teen Quit?
- Mindfulness: How It Can Help Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic