We offer comprehensive services to adopting families, adopted children, and the community doctors who care for them. Backed by the resources and support of Yale Medicine’s medical, behavioral and developmental specialists, we provide pre- and post-adoption medical services.
Our pre-adoption services:
- Medical Records Review: Please download the Clinic's Pre-Adoption Intake Form for more information.
- Pre-Adoption Counseling for Prospective Parents: Can be done in person or via a telephone conference.
- Ongoing Consultation during the pre-adoption period.
- Information for Traveling Families to more fully inform the trip abroad and assist our Clinic in the assessment of the child.
- Telephone support for families during their stay abroad.
Our post-adoption services:
We offer comprehensive evaluations of adopted children ranging from the child who has recently arrived to children adopted sometime in the past but who now have developmental, behavioral, emotional or medical issues. The clinic is held every Monday in the pediatric clinic at 1 Long Wharf, New Haven.
The evaluation includes:
- Medical examination
- Developmental assessment
- Audiology evaluation
- Growth and nutrition screening
- Psychosocial development assessment
- Screening tests recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Counseling about potential health and development issues