A Study of Donanemab (LY3002813) in Participants With Early Alzheimer's Disease (TRAILBLAZER-ALZ 2)
- Study HIC#:2000028807
- Last Updated:12/22/2022
The reason for this study is to see how safe and effective the study drug donanemab is in participants with early Alzheimer's disease.
Additional participants will be enrolled to an addendum safety cohort. The participants will be administered open-label donanemab.
- Age60 years - 85 years
For more information about this study, including how to volunteer, contact:
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +18779788343 for more information.
Trial Purpose and Description
TRAILBLAZER-ALZ 2 is a Phase 3, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of N3pG antibody (donanemab) in participants with early symptomatic AD (prodromal AD and mild dementia due to AD) with the presence of brain tau pathology.
Following the double-blind 76-week main study period, a double-blind 78-week long-term extension period is added to further evaluate donanemab efficacy and safety over time. Participants from the addendum safety cohort are not eligible for the extension period.
- Gradual and progressive change in memory function reported by participants or informants for ≥ 6 months
- MMSE score of 20 to 28 (inclusive) at baseline
- Meet 18F flortaucipir PET scan (central read) criteria - does not apply to safety cohort
- Meet 18F florbetapir PET scan (central read) criteria
- Have a study partner who will provide written informed consent to participate
- Contraindication to MRI or PET scans
- Current treatment with immunoglobulin G (IgG) therapy