Pharmacokinetics and Hepatic Safety of EGCG
- Study HIC#:2000028370
- Last Updated:11/17/2021
A trial to assess the pharmacokinetics and hepatic safety of EGCG in women with and without uterine fibroids.
- Age18 years - 40 years
- GenderFemale only
- Start Date07/08/2021
- End Date04/30/2021
Trial Purpose and Description
This will be a randomized, multi-center, pharmacokinetics and hepatic safety trial of EGCG with 36 total patients in 3 treatment arms. 36 women will be randomized to one of the following groups: EGCG daily alone, EGCG daily with clomiphene citrate and EGCG daily with letrozole. The randomization scheme will be stratified for age groups 18-29 and 30-40 and presence of uterine fibroids. The pharmacokinetics and hepatic safety of EGCG with clomiphene citrate and letrozole are unknown. The trial conducted in women with and without fibroids will allow comparisons between these groups. The results of this study will be used to confirm hepatic safety for the larger multi-center FRIEND study.
- Healthy women ≥18 to ≤40 years of age with or without uterine fibroids
- Must use a double-barrier method for contraception
- Subjects using green tea/EGCG within 2 weeks prior to study enrollment
- Known liver disease (defined as AST or ALT>2 times normal, or total bilirubin >2.5 mg/dL).
- History of alcohol abuse (defined as >14 drinks/week) or binge drinking of ≥ 6 drinks at one time).
- Subject using hormonal contraceptives
- Subjects who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Known hypersensitivity to the study drugs
- Any chronic disease