A Phase 2 Study of Donor-Derived Multi-Tumor-Associated Antigen Specific T Cells (MT-401) Administered to Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Study HIC#:2000029668
- Last Updated:04/30/2023
This study is a Phase 2 multicenter study with a Safety Lead-in evaluating safety and efficacy of MT-401 administration to patients with AML, who have received their first allogeneic HSCT. The dose administered is 50 x 10^6 cells (flat dosing).
For more information about this study, including how to volunteer, contact:
- Phone Number: 1-203-785-6809
Grace Anne Valentin
- Phone Number: 1-203-785-4699
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact email@example.com, or call +18779788343 for more information.
Trial Purpose and Description
This study is in patients aged ≥18 years old undergoing or having relapsed after their first allogeneic HSCT (matched sibling, matched unrelated donor, or haploidentical transplants) for AML.
Potential patients for the study may be screened/enrolled:
• Prior to their first allogeneic HSCT.
• Patients experiencing their first relapse post-allogeneic transplant.
Patients eligible for the study will be placed into one of two groups:
- Adjuvant (Group 1): Patients screened prior to their HSCT with CR without minimal residual disease (CRMRD-) at 90 days post transplant will be randomized (1:1) in an unblinded fashion to:
- MT-401 (Arm A)
- SOC (Arm B)
- Active Disease: (Group 2): Patients meeting the following criteria will be assigned to Group 2 and will receive MT 401:
- Patients who experience relapse (patients with MRD [MRD+] or frank relapse) at or prior to post-transplant Day 90
- Patients in Arm B of Group 1 (SOC) who develop relapse (MRD+ or frank relapse) post-HSCT (crossover patients)
- Patients who do not consent prior to HSCT but are experiencing their first relapse (MRD+ or frank relapse) and have the same donor available for manufacturing
- First allogeneic HSCT, in ≤ CR2, and MRD negative prior to transplant (including matched sibling, MUD with at least 6 of 8 HLA markers, or haploidentical with at least 5 of 10 HLA markers) as:
- Adjuvant therapy for AML (Group 1) at 90 days (±10 days) post-HSCT defined as patients with CRMRD; or
- Treatment for refractory/relapsed AML (first relapse post-HSCT) when disease occurs after transplant (Group 2) defined as
- First relapse (MRD+ or frank relapse) post-HSCT
- Patients in Arm 1B (SOC) who experience first relapse (MRD+ or frank relapse) post HSCT
- Safety Lead-in defined as patients who fit all the criteria for Group 2 only
- Are ≥18 years of age
- Karnofsky/Lansky score of ≥60
- Life expectancy ≥12 weeks
- Adequate blood, liver, and renal function
- Blood: Hemoglobin ≥7.0 g/dL (can be transfused)
- Liver: Bilirubin ≤2X upper limit of normal; aspartate aminotransferase ≤3X upper limit of normal
- Renal: Serum creatinine ≤2X upper limit of normal or measured or calculated creatinine clearance ≥45mL/min
7. Patients are allowed to be on experimental conditioning regimens prior to transplant if no planned maintenance therapy post-transplant.
8. In Group 2, patients may receive bridging therapy at the investigators' discretion in situations where MT-401 is not ready for administration or the treating physician believes the patient would benefit
- Clinically significant or severely symptomatic intercurrent infection
- Pregnant or lactating
- For Group 1, anti-neoplastic therapy after HSCT and prior to or during dosing of MT-401
- For Group 2, concomitant anti-neoplastic therapy during or after dosing of MT-401
- Evidence of acute or chronic GVHD ≥Grade 2 (exception: acute or chronic Grade 2 GVHD of skin allowed if stable) within one week prior to receiving MT-401